Starts Monday, October 26th, 2020. 4 Weeks. This course is for: Everyone. Welcome to this experiential online course based on The Language of Emotions and Dynamic Emotional Integration®. In this course about the often-misunderstood emotion of shame, you’ll learn how to work with your shame in healthy and surprising new ways.
Harnessing the Power of Your Healthy Conscience
This experiential online course is designed to help you understand the difference between the healthy and unhealthy messages that affect your shame.
With the help of reflective exercises, experiential webinars, and a community forum, this course is designed to give you a greater understanding of your intricate relationship with shame, and tools to help you work with it.
Join dual-licensed Dynamic Emotional Integration® Trainer and Consultant, Anchen Texter, to learn how to truly listen to shame. You’ll learn how to work with supportive, imaginal practices to clear old contracts with shame (and shaming messages!), and you’ll have the opportunity to develop a new relationship with your indispensable shame.
You will learn:
- The ways in which shame affects every part of your life, whether you know it or not.
- How having too little shame can be as detrimental as having too much.
- How shame interacts with your anger and boundaries, contentment, sadness, fear, and many other emotions.
- How you can change your relationship with shame so that it helps you live a value-driven life of integrity.
- How the 5 Empathic Mindfulness practices can help you work with shame and all of your emotions.
This course is for people who:
- Are new to learning about emotions: We’ll cover foundational principles and practices that are essential for working with all emotions, and we’ll look closely at shame.
- Have a grasp of the foundational concepts and are looking for a deeper understanding of shame, and who want to increase their awareness and skill when working with emotions.
Length: 4 weeks
Dates: Starts Monday, October 26th, and ends Friday, November 20th, 2020
Learning and Interaction Structure: This multimedia course contains written curriculum units, PDF downloads, audio and video components, forum discussions, and live one-hour weekly webinars using the Zoom video conferencing program.
Live Webinar Discussions: These live one-hour Zoom sessions (one per course week) will be offered weekly (these sessions will be recorded on our private server if you cannot attend). These sessions build on the written curriculum of the course.
Webinar Schedule: Wednesdays, 10-11am PST, October 28th, and November 4th, 11th, and 18th. Please be sure to check your time zone.
Time Commitment: You’ll read the course curriculum and interact in the forum on your own schedule (plan for a minimum of two to three hours per week), and you’ll meet with Anchen and your classmates for one hour in the Zoom each week for additional discussion and experiential practices. You will continue to have access to the online course for 2 weeks once it ends; and receive a PDF of the written curriculum.
This Course is Suitable For: Everyone interested in emotional skills, healthy behavior, and loving self-care.