Emotional Flow: How to Improve Your Emotional Skills
Emotional Flow: How to Improve Your Emotional Skills
Starts Monday, June 13 | In this 8-week multimedia course, you’ll explore emotional skills and empathic intelligence and learn how to engage gracefully with every emotion you have.
Becoming Fluent in The Language of Emotions!
Your emotions are absolutely essential to every aspect of your intelligence and perception — yet few of us were ever taught how to work with all of our emotions skillfully.
In this self-paced 8-week course, empathy pioneer Karla McLaren brings together findings from sociology, psychology, neuroscience, and her own in-depth empathic work to help you access and flow with every aspect of your emotional life.
This multi-media emotional awareness course will help you learn more about yourself and others, increase your emotional vocabulary, and engage with your emotions in healthy new ways. See details on how to add 10 hours of Continuing Education (CE) credits for $40 below.
About this Course
In Emotional Flow, you’ll learn how to identify your current areas of emotional skills and challenges. You’ll also learn five core Empathic Mindfulness practices to ground yourself, create healthy boundaries, and free yourself from uncomfortable emotional behaviors.
With this foundation, you’ll be able to engage gracefully with every emotion you have — and you’ll learn effortless ways to bring emotional flow and empathic intelligence to every part of your life.
In the years since Karla wrote The Language of Emotions: What Your Feelings Are Trying to Tell You, she has deepened the practices that can help you welcome the genius inside of each of your emotions.
In Emotional Flow, you’ll utilize multi-media and Forum interactions to create a rich (and fun) learning environment that will support your emotional intelligence and your empathic skills.
What You’ll Learn:
In this self-paced online course, you’ll learn about emotions and empathy through:
- Video learning modules: Karla will introduce you to each topic, explain the fundamental emotional concepts and practices ahead, and guide you through each lesson.
- Audio guidance: Every lesson includes audio learning sessions with guided practices, meditations, and in-the-moment strategies for working with intense emotions and situations. You can listen at home or take them with you to listen anywhere.
- Written content: This curriculum incorporates essential concepts from The Language of Emotions, plus many expanded insights. If you’re already familiar with the book, you’ll have plenty of further material to discover. If you’re new to this work, you’ll be learning the material in a full-bodied and in-depth format.
- Journaling and self-reflection: Journal questions will help you assess your emotional strengths and challenges, your current obstacles and supports, and your own emotional transformation plan.
- Forum interactions: You’ll be able to write questions in the Forum, to be answered in writing by licensed Dynamic Emotional Integration® Trainer/Consultants and instructors, Jen Nate and Jeanette Brynn.
- Plus: You’ll be able to download all the materials in this course — all audio and video sessions and downloads of the written content are yours to use and enjoy at any time.
Length of Course: 8 Weeks
Dates: Monday, June 13, 2021 to Friday, August 5, 2022
Learning & Interaction Structure: Self-paced multi-media curriculum, online Forum discussions, and private journal assignments.
Time Commitment: You’ll read the course curriculum and interact in the Forum on your own schedule, for a total of 2-3 hours per week.
This Course Is Suitable For: Everyone interested in emotions, emotional skills, focused self-awareness, and self-care.
Continuing Education credits for U.S. participants. Add 10 CE credit hours for just $40.
This course is co-sponsored by Cassidy Strategic, who offer 10 CE credits to Psychologists, Social Workers, and Counselors (and in some states to MFTs, Psychoanalysts, Creative Arts Therapists, Chemical Dependency Counselors, Nurses, Dentists, and Educators). Read more about Emotional Flow CE Information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do people need to understand emotions to take this course?
A: This course welcomes beginners and helps you learn about emotions from the ground up. This course is also for people who have already read The Language of Emotions or Embracing Anxiety (or Karla McLaren’s other books) and want to learn how to listen to their emotions and work with them skillfully.
Q: How long do we have to read the curriculum and access the course Forum?
A: You have the entire 8 weeks of the course plus 4 weeks after it ends (though the instructors will not be answering Forum questions after the end of the course). You’ll also receive a link to download the course PDF, videos, and audios once the course has ended.
Q: Are there webinars in this course?
A: No. This is a self-paced course that doesn’t include any live meetings. However, you can ask questions or converse in the forum with your instructors and your fellow students whenever you like. This course was built for people with busy schedules who want to learn about emotions.
About the Instructors
Jennifer Nate is a dual-licensed Dynamic Emotional Integration® Trainer and Consultant, and she is a lead instructor in the DEI education and licensing program.
Jen’s specialties in DEI include hyper-empathy, depression, anxiety, and working with the emotions to navigate mid-life challenges. She is also passionate about artistic expression and she shares her love of art and creativity in many of our Empathy Academy courses.
Jeanette Brynn is a dual-licensed Dynamic Emotional Integration® Trainer and Consultant with a passion to connect with and support people so that they may begin to recognize the unique wisdom their emotions have been and are guiding them to know.
Jeanette’s special interests are in helping people work with anxiety and the fear family, boundaries, and an acceptance of their unique neurological and emotional lives.
No Reviews found for this course.