Essential Boundaries for Bodyworkers
Essential Boundaries for Bodyworkers
Starts Monday, January 7th, 2019. In this course designed specifically for bodyworkers, you’ll learn foundational concepts and practices from The Language of Emotions and The Art of Empathy to help you set boundaries, strengthen your healthy empathy, and create a self-care plan just for you. 6 to 18 CEUs* available.
Balanced Empathy and Self-Care to Prevent Burnout
In this 6-week course on empathy and emotions, Anchen Texter and Camilla Jørgensen, both dual-licensed Dynamic Emotional Integration® Trainers and Consultants, draw on their 30+ years of combined experience as massage therapists to bring you an empathically-designed experiential course about boundaries, empathy, and self-care for bodyworkers.
Learn how to work with your natural empathy in a healthy and sustainable way by examining the relationship between boundaries and balanced empathy, taking inventories to help you gauge what you’re already good at and where you need more skills, and learning practices to regulate your emotions.
Each week on the live webinar meetings you’ll practice what you learn during the week, like trying out different practices to help regulate emotions, setting boundaries, and improving emotional awareness. Throughout the course, you’ll also combine this knowledge into an individualized self-care plan to help support you long after this course is over. You’ll receive individualized input and guidance from the instructors, Camilla and Anchen along the way, and have the opportunity to learn from other students in the group forum and on the weekly live webinars.
*This course qualifies for up to 18 CEUs for massage in Oregon, and may qualify in other states. Fulfills requirement for 6 ethics and boundaries CEUs in Oregon.
In this 6-Week Course, You’ll Explore:
- How to define and maintain your healthy boundaries at work and in your private life.
- How to know if your or your clients’ boundaries are broken or enmeshed or unhealthy.
- How to use your new healthy empathy skills with your clients.
- How to deepen your level of self-care by learning how to work with your emotions and your empathy in healthy, supportive ways.
- New practices each week to support you in creating your individual self-care plan – which will be completed by the end of the course.
We Will Cover:
- The 4 Keys to Emotional Genius, and the essential role they play in every aspect of your professional and personal lives.
- The relationship between boundaries, hyper-empathy, and balanced empathy.
- How to effectively use the 5 Empathic Mindfulness practices for emotion regulation and for working with emotions consciously.
- The 4 Emotion Families, and the gifts and actions in each emotion.
- The emotions that create healthy boundaries and how to work with them consciously.
Length of Course: 6 weeks
Dates: Monday, January 7th to Friday, February 15th, 2019
Learning & Interaction Structure: Reading curriculum, written forum discussions, inventories, questionnaires, PDF downloads and worksheets, and one-hour weekly webinars using the Zoom video conferencing program.
Live Zoom Webinar Discussions: These weekly one-hour sessions will be scheduled based on participant availability. These sessions will be recorded if you cannot attend.
Time Commitment: You’ll read the course curriculum and interact in the forum on your own schedule (plan for a minimum of 2-3 hours per week), and you’ll meet with Anchen, Camilla, and your classmates for one hour in the Zoom each week.
Bonus: You can book one 90-minute individual DEI Consultation with Anchen or Camilla at a special 15% discounted rate during this course. These consultations are helpful if you want to dive deeper into an individual theme that comes up for you during the course. You can learn more about DEI Consultations here.
No Reviews found for this course.