Your Empathic Body
Your Empathic Body
Starting Monday, November 22, 2021. This course is for: Everyone. In this experiential course, you’ll learn simple ways to create a healthy relationship with your body, thoughts, and emotions to bring healing and vitality into your life.
Learning to Embody All of Your Emotions
Join licensed Dynamic Emotional Integration® Trainer and somatic movement educator/performing artist, Chris Bodwitch, for a 4-week introductory course to learn how to think and feel in collaboration with your body’s innate intelligence.
Using creative and fun approaches to observation, movement, writing, listening, and drawing, you can welcome back your natural, childlike ability to play with everything. As you learn how your emotions live in your body, you will become more aware of their necessary messages. Instead of keeping everything around you unmoving and controlled so you can figure out how to respond or behave, you can use your whole body intelligence to move with the present moment. Then, making decisions, relating to others, and generating solutions feels more like a dance than a confusing and impossible task.
What you are likely to experience in this course:
- Questions and Revelations
- Silliness and Wisdom
- Invigoration and Restfulness
- Laughter and Tears
- Vulnerability and Strength
- You – Authentic and Whole
You will also learn in this 4-week course:
- Practices to work with your personal space so you feel safe and confident in your body whether you are alone or with others.
- How to move and create with your body without worrying if it makes sense, is the right thing to do, or looks good.
- Balance skills to create a healthy relationship with your fear, anxiety, and depression.
- A personal movement practice that will welcome sadness and grief and replenish your energy.
- How to discover your body’s physical response during a “triggered” situation and begin to discern what emotions are really needed for your present experience.
- Ways to tune into your personal quality of movement – gestures, posture, actions, and sensations so you can understand when you express or repress emotions, and shift to working with them brilliantly.
- Ways to engage your imagination as a partner for possibility, risk-taking, and pleasure while bringing you new information about what your emotions are communicating to you.
Course Details Length of Course: 4 Weeks
Dates: Monday, November 22nd to Friday, December 17th, 2021
Learning & Interaction Structure: Reading curriculum, forum discussions, audio and video files, course PDFs, and one-hour weekly webinars using the Zoom video conferencing program.
Live Zoom Webinar Discussions: These weekly one-hour sessions are not mandatory and will be a combination of movement exploration and discussion. Participants are welcome to keep their cameras off for the duration of the session and join in conversation via writing (in the chat box) or speaking with or without the video camera on. These Zoom meetings will be recorded for anyone who cannot attend.
Webinar Schedule: To be determined.
Time Commitment: You’ll read the course curriculum and interact in the forum on your own schedule (plan for a minimum of 2-3 hours per week), and you’ll meet with Chris and classmates for one hour in the Zoom each week.
No Reviews found for this course.